The Coaches’ Mentoring Challenge is a friendly competition among coaches and between states with a shared goal to connect more caring adults and young people through quality mentoring relationships. Right now, one out of every three young people will grow up without the support of a mentor. Coaches from Big Ten and Big 12 universities, as well as coaches from colleges and high schools across the country are challenging their fans to join the team and be a mentor!
The overall challenge launches on August 1, 2015. The winning team will be announced December 12th, 2015. Visit coachesmentoringchallenge.org for more information on the National Challenge.
Join the Challenge!
Become a mentor with TeamMates Mentoring Program today. It’s easy to get started:
Step 1. Apply
Step 2. Train
Step 3. Match
Click here to get started!
Our TeamMates Coaches’ Mentoring Challenge
Thank you for signing up for the challenge! Our TeamMates challenge will run from August 1-Nov 1.
TeamMates Chapter Coordinators Toolkit
A Coaches’ Mentoring Challenge chapter toolkit has been created to help you promote the Coaches’ Mentoring Challenge in your community. Please use the resources below:
Jersey Day Materials
- Jersey Day How To Details
- Jersey Day Business Resources
- Jersey Day Social Media Post for Business Participant
- Jersey Day Poster 11 x 17
- Jersey Day Chapter Coordinator and Board Resources
- Jersey Day Ask Letter
Coaches Challenge Events
- A Mentor Celebration at Nebraska Crossings Outlet Mall and the launch of our 2015 TeamMates Coaches’ Mentoring Challenge through media coverage with Dr. Tom Osborne (Aug 9)
- TeamMates Coaches’ Mentoring Challenge conference call kick-off! (Aug 13)
- Tom Osborne’s “Mentoring Matters” book launch (September)
- Jersey Day! (October 16)
- Coaches Challenge Team Day (October 27)
Marketing and Mentor Recruitment
“Join the Team” video with Dr. Tom Osborne
“I’m Recruiting” radio PSA with Dr. Tom Osborne
Local Coach Engagement
- Athletic event flyer and/or program write-up examples
- Coach script
- Ideas to promote locally with your coaches
Follow-up Conference Call
Coaches Challenge Conference Call recording