TeamMates is searching for our next intern! To apply, please submit your resume to Brandon Leppke at firstname.lastname@example.org or 11850 Nicholas Street, Suite 130, Omaha, NE 68154 by Friday, April 14th.
For additional details, please review the job description: Summer Intern Job Description
Basic Function and Responsibility: An internship position focusing on non-profit organization management, quality control, and office support. Additional projects will be selected with input from the intern and depend, in part, on his or her skill set and desired career path.
Qualifications: Must be a student at a university in Nebraska or a resident of Nebraska currently enrolled in a university in Nebraska or outside of Nebraska.
- Must have passion for youth, education and community
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and high ethical standard
- Ability to pass a criminal and Health and Human Service background checks
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Love for customer service
- Ability to work collaboratively with fellow staff members
- Strong technical skills with the computer including Microsoft word, excel, power point, and e-mail
- Effective decision making and problem solving skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills and good listening skills
- Ability to work under time constraints in a timely and orderly manner
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and organize work to meet deadlines
- Desire and willingness to learn new skills, systems, and information
Duties and Responsibilities: Work collaboratively with the TeamMates Screening Team and central office employees to process volunteer applications and provide additional support as needed.
- Process volunteer applications including mentors, board members, program coordinators and all other volunteers
- Complete high quality reference checks by telephone, mail and email
- Data entry and implementation of all records and updates in Civicore database
- Assist Central Office staff with multiple projects related to fundraising, marketing, special events, recruitment, program management, and match support
- Daily communication with the Central Office staff on current and on-going projects
- Assist with all incoming calls to the Central Office
- Other duties as assigned
Working Conditions: Ability to work at computer 8 hours per day at the TeamMates Central Office Omaha location.