TeamMates Online Resources
Outside Resources for Mentors
- The Influence of Culture
- Chronicle of Evidence-Based Mentoring
- National Mentoring Resource Center
- Iowa Mentoring Partnership Mentor Resources
Training and Toolkits
- Understanding Poverty – This video by Project Harmony and TeamMates covers the impact that growing up in poverty has on a young person and how you can help support your mentee in light of those circumstances.
- Growth Mindset for Mentors – Check out this toolkit of resources designed to help youth develop a growth mindset through a mentoring relationship. Youth with a growth mindset are more likely to thrive in school and this resource can help youth overcome challenges and re-frame the obstacles they fact.
- Suicide Prevention Training – Suicide and self-harm are a rising issue for youth in communities across the country. This training covers the warning signs and how to manage conversations about self-harm with the goal of connecting youth to the services they need.
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) – Check out this research and the accompanying training modules on adverse childhood experiences, the research behind them, and how you can help your mentee navigate them.
- Building Resilience – This interactive scenario and resources on resilience you will learn about how the choices we make can help youth be more resilient when facing challenges.
- Christina & Elaine: Mentor In Real Life
- Former Mentee Corey Craig – The Power of Mentoring
- Former Mentee Video – Poverty: Not a Choice
- Josh Shipp – Investing in One Person
- Look Up From Your Smartphone
- Mateusz M – Resiliency “Find Your Why”
- Kid President – 20 Things We Should Say More Often
- Take a Seat, Make a Friend
- Nike – Find Your Greatness