TeamMates Online Resources
Outside Resources for Mentors
- The Influence of Culture
- Chronicle of Evidence-Based Mentoring
- National Mentoring Resource Center
- Iowa Mentoring Partnership Mentor Resources
Training and Toolkits
- Understanding Poverty – This video by Project Harmony and TeamMates covers the impact that growing up in poverty has on a young person and how you can help support your mentee in light of those circumstances. You can also find out more about the myths and facts around poverty in the U.S. with this resource.
- Growth Mindset for Mentors – Check out this toolkit of resources designed to help youth develop a growth mindset through a mentoring relationship. Youth with a growth mindset are more likely to thrive in school and this resource can help youth overcome challenges and re-frame the obstacles they fact. For more information, take a look at this peer sharing presentation on Growth Mindset or listen to the recording!
- Suicide Prevention Training – Suicide and self-harm are a rising issue for youth in communities across the country. This training covers the warning signs and how to manage conversations about self-harm with the goal of connecting youth to the services they need.
- Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) – Check out this research and the accompanying training modules on adverse childhood experiences, the research behind them, and how you can help your mentee navigate them.
- Building Resilience – This interactive scenario and resources on resilience you will learn about how the choices we make can help youth be more resilient when facing challenges.
- Grief and Immigration – Take a look at this presentation on helping your mentee through times of grief, particularly due to immigration or the potential for it. For additional support ideas, check out videos from Camp Hope and Brene Brown on Vulnerability.
- Financial Literacy – Use the resources below to help your mentee learn about finances and how a few simple steps can make a big difference!
- College and Career Success – Try out some of the activities and ideas around developing career and life skills in this toolkit from the National Mentoring Resource Center.
- Christina & Elaine: Mentor In Real Life
- Former Mentee Corey Craig – The Power of Mentoring
- Former Mentee Video – Poverty: Not a Choice
- Josh Shipp – Investing in One Person
- Look Up From Your Smartphone
- Mateusz M – Resiliency “Find Your Why”
- Kid President – 20 Things We Should Say More Often
- Take a Seat, Make a Friend
- Nike – Find Your Greatness