The National Mentoring Partnership has identified 15 million youth in need of a mentor. Thousands of these youth live in Iowa, Kansas and Nebraska. In an effort to help close the gap, University of Iowa Coach Kirk Ferentz, Iowa State Coach Paul Rhoads, University of Northern Iowa Coach Mark Farley, University of Nebraska Coach Bo Pelini, Kansas State Coach Bill Snyder, and Kansas University Coach Charlie Weis issue a friendly challenge to see which state can recruit the most new mentors. This year we are please to add the additions of Michigan and Minnesota to the challenge!
The overall Challenge launched on August 1, 2013. The winning team will be announced December 1st, 2013.
Join the Challenge!
Become a mentor with TeamMates Mentoring Program. It’s easy to get started:
Step 1. Apply
Step 2. Train
Step 3. Match
Click here to get started!
We have spun a unique challenge off of this to pose a friendly competition to our chapters. Each of our TeamMates chapters will be competing against each other to see which CHAPTER can recruit the most mentors.
DETAILS OF THE CHALLENGE:
- Challenge will run September 1 –October 31
- We will release a leader board every Friday throughout September and October
- Prizes will be given to the leading chapter each week –
- Prizes include –TeamMates promotional gear, print materials, gift cards for chapter outings and more!
- All chapters are eligible to participate regardless of their state affiliation for the overall Challenge
- Winner will be determined by the number of new recruits divided by your community population
- Winning chapter for the entire two months will receive a traveling trophy!
- If you are a program coordinator, follow this link to access the new materials from the Coaches Challenge playbook. Once you click the link scroll down to Coaches Challenge.
- Materials include:
- Coaches Challenge Logo
- A postcard to send to potential recruits (blank back side)
- Coaches Challenge Poster
- Coaches Challenge Poster – Iowa
- Coaches Challenge Poster – Nebraska
- The posters are posted as web version. If you need a high resolution version please contact Callie at firstname.lastname@example.org.