2016 Coaches’ Mentoring Challenge
The Coaches’ Mentoring Challenge is a friendly competition among coaches and between states with a shared goal to connect more caring adults and young people through quality mentoring relationships. Right now, one out of every three young people will grow up without the support of a mentor. For the past seven years, college coaches at an increasing number of institutions, who know first-hand the impact of this powerful asset, have demonstrated their commitment to closing this mentoring gap by challenging their fans to join the team and be a mentor!
- Aug. 1- Coaches’ Challenge Begins
- Oct. 26- TEAM Day
- Nov. 30- Coaches’ Challenge Ends
Coaches’ Challenge Toolkit
Coaches’ Challenge is the perfect opportunity to engage your community, your school, and your mentors in recruiting. Feel free to use this customizable toolkit to help you recruit mentors during the Challenge!
Inside you’ll find:
- MENTOR’s Coaches’ Challenge toolkit
- A list of ideas on how to engage your chapter during the Challenge
- A nomination form for your local coaches
- A customizable PSA script
- A PSA recorded by Dr. Tom Osborne
- A customizable email to send to your mentors, friends, colleagues, board, donors, etc. about TEAM Day
- A customizable email for mentors or business partners to send out about TEAM Day
- A customizable Post Press Release about TEAM Day
- A poster to advertise TEAM Day
- Images to share on your personal social media page
- A Coaches’ Challenge TeamMates logo
What do other chapters do during the Coaches’ Challenge?
Coaches’ Challenge is not only a great way to get involved in the community, but it’s a chance to collaborate with other chapters within TeamMates! We’ve collected ideas throughout the years of what other schools and communities do to recruit mentors during the Challenge. If you have any ideas you’d like to share, please contact Hannah Miller at email@example.com.
TEAM Day will be Wednesday, October 26. Much like Jersey Day in the past, communities can use this day to raise some money for their local TeamMates Chapter!
Here’s how it works:
Participants can pay an amount of money ($1, $5, etc.) to wear their favorite team’s colors or gear to work. Have fun with it! Face paint, pom poms, jerseys, and all-out TEAM SPIRIT is always appreciated! Take photos and share them with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram with the hashtag: #JointheTEAMDay16
Marketing materials can be found in the toolkit above.
For more information, contact Hannah Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org.