How do I become a mentor with TeamMates?
Step 1 - Apply!
Step 2 - Train
- Attend training to prepare you for the experience
Step 3 - Match
- Meet your mentee
Questions? Call 402-390-8326
Online ApplicationClick here to link to the online application!
- To expedite the process, please note the following:
- Each of your three (3) character references must have known you for a minimum of one year
- Daytime contact information is needed for each reference
- You will be emailed a link to request your 2-part background check and to complete your mentor agreement.
- Hand-written signatures are needed on all forms requiring a signature
Mentor EligibilityTo become a TeamMates mentor, you must fulfill all of the following:
- be 18 years of age
- have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- be a citizen of the United States or have proper visa documentation
- demonstrate a desire to participate in the program and abide by TeamMates Mentoring Program's guidelines, policies, and procedures
- be able to commit to three years of mentoring with the goal of continuing to mentor a young person through high school graduation.