How does a student become a mentee with TeamMates?
- Step 1. Nomination and Permission – Students can nominate themselves or be nominated by a parent, guardian, teacher, or other adult. Once nominated, a parent or guardian must provide written permission for the student to participate in TeamMates as a mentee.
- Step 2. Training – All TeamMates mentees go through a training session in which they learn what to expect from their mentoring relationship and TeamMates policies and procedures.
- Step 3. Begin Meeting – After training, mentees are ready to meet their mentors!
Nominate a Mentee
To nominate yourself or a student, click here to see the list of TeamMates chapters. Select the chapter operating in your school district and email one of the program coordinators listed with your nomination. The program coordinator will contact you for more information, if needed.
To become a TeamMates mentee, a student must:
- be enrolled in a school sponsoring the TeamMates Mentoring Program; and
- be in grades 3 through 12; and
- demonstrate a desire to participate in the program and abide by TeamMates guidelines, policies, and procedures; and
- demonstrate that he or she can benefit from another person who can assist him or her in the areas of personal competency, caring and respect, and future aspirations.