Accounting Intern Job Description
Basic Function and Responsibility: An internship position with a focus on non-profit accounting, bookkeeping, and financial reporting. Position has the potential for additional projects based on the intern’s skill set and ambition.
Qualifications: Must be a student at a university in Nebraska or a resident of Nebraska currently enrolled in a university outside of Nebraska.
- Must have a passion for youth, education and community
- Basic Accounting or Finance knowledge, including but not limited to: bookkeeping, budgeting and GAAP
- Accounting or Finance Student seeking experience at a Non-Profit
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and high ethical standard
- Availability to be present for at least 20 hours per week during regular working hours, 8am to 5pm, late May through early August
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Desire to learn new systems, skills, and information
- Strong technical skills with Microsoft Office Applications – special emphasis on Excel
- Willingness to learn Accounting Software Blackbaud, prior experience a plus
- Effective decision making and problem-solving skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills as well as good listening skills
- Ability to multitask under time constraints to meet deadlines
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Data entry of financial information into accounting software
- Aid in the preparation of Quarterly and Year End financial information for chapters
- Support accounting staff with reporting requirements for charitable registration, 990, and the annual audit
- Daily communication with the Central Office staff on current and on-going projects
- Other duties or projects as assigned
Working Conditions: Ability to work at a computer up to 8 hours per day at the TeamMates Central Office Omaha location.
Reports to: Senior Accountant
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Aly Eveland at email@example.com.