Join this team of “heart” workers!
Screening Specialist Job Description
Basic Function and Responsibility: An administrative position in the TeamMates Mentoring Program to provide screening and customer service for TeamMates Chapters. This position reports to Risk Manager.
Qualifications: Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in social services, business, education, public administration, or related field.
- Must have passion for youth, education and community
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and high ethical standard
- Knowledge of the TeamMates Policies and Procedures
- Ability to pass criminal background check
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Data entry and customer service
- Ability to work collaboratively with fellow staff members
- Strong computer skills including use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and e-mail
- Effective decision making and problem-solving skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills and active listening skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and organize work to meet deadlines
Duties and Responsibilities: Work collaboratively with the Screening Team, Regional Coordinators, and Central office employees to support all TeamMates chapters.
- Represent TeamMates throughout the entire program;
- Process volunteer applications including mentors, board members, program coordinators and all other volunteers;
- Complete high-quality reference checks via e-mail and by telephone;
- Process background checks through One Source Background Check Company;
- Work collaboratively with Chapters to facilitate renewal background checks
- Ensure accuracy of data entry and implementation of all records and updates in Civicore
- Provide screening and overall technical support regarding civicore management and data upkeep for Regional Coordinators and Program Coordinators
- Facilitate exchange of information between Regional Coordinators and TeamMates Central Office
- Respond and resolve Chapter concerns via e-mail and by phone and route Chapters to appropriate resources
- Work effectively with the Screening staff to provide efficient, effective work practices and processes for all chapters;
- Other duties as assigned
Working Conditions: Ability to work at computer 8 hours per day at our La Vista, NE TeamMates office location.
Please send the following to Gayle Norris at email@example.com by July 1.
- Cover letter
- Three references