The TeamMates Mentoring Program is hiring a new Screening Specialist. Please see below for details.
Screening Specialist Job Description
Basic Function and Responsibility: A full-time administrative position in the TeamMates Mentoring Program to provide screening for TeamMates Chapters. This position reports to Kelly Koehler, Risk Management
Qualifications: Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in social services, business, education, public administration, or related field.
- Must have passion for youth, education and community
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and high ethical standard
- Knowledge of the TeamMates Policies and Procedures
- Ability to pass criminal and Health and Human Service background checks
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Must have love of data entry and customer service
- Ability to work collaboratively with fellow staff members
- Strong computer skills including use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and e-mail
- Effective decision making and problem-solving skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills and good listening skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and organize work to meet deadlines
Duties and Responsibilities: Work collaboratively with the Screening Team, Regional Coordinators, and Central office employees to support all TeamMates chapters.
- Represent TeamMates throughout the entire program;
- Process volunteer applications including mentors, board members, program coordinators and all other volunteers;
- Complete high-quality reference checks via e-mail and by telephone;
- Process background checks through One Source Background Check Company;
- Work collaboratively with Regional Coordinators and Chapter to facilitate renewal background checks
- Ensure accuracy of data entry and implementation of all records and updates in Civicore
- Provide screening and overall technical support regarding civicore management and data upkeep for Regional Coordinators and Program Coordinators
- Facilitate exchange of information between Regional Coordinators and TeamMates Central Office
- Respond and resolve Chapter concerns via e-mail and by phone and route Chapters to appropriate resources
- Work effectively with the Screening staff to provide efficient, effective work practices and processes for all chapters;
- Other administrative duties as assigned
Working Conditions: Ability to work at computer 8 hours per day at our Omaha TeamMates office location with some overtime.
To apply, download our job description agreement and send your 1) cover letter, 2) resume, and 3) reference page to DeMoine Adams at email@example.com.