Data and Research Intern Job Description
Basic Function and Responsibility: An internship position focusing on non-profit data collection, analysis, and reporting along with database migration efforts. Additional projects will be selected with input from the Intern and depend, in part, on his or her skill set and desired career path.
Qualifications: Must be a student at a university in Nebraska or a resident of Nebraska currently enrolled in a university in Nebraska or outside of Nebraska.
- Must have passion for youth, education and community
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and high ethical standard
- Ability to pass a criminal and Health and Human Service background checks
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Desire and willingness to learn new skills, systems, and information
- Analytic and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with fellow staff members
- Strong technical skills with the computer including Microsoft word, excel, power point, social media and e-mail
- Effective decision making and problem-solving skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills and good listening skills
- Ability to work under time constrains in a timely and orderly manner
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and organizes work to meet deadlines
Duties and Responsibilities: Work collaboratively with the TeamMates Research Coordinator, Support Services Director, and other central office employees.
- Data entry and updates in Civicore database
- Migration of end-user data from Civicore database to Chronus database
- Analyze annual survey data through calculating averages and response rates
- Data entry and formula calculations in excel documents
- Assist with the planning, logistics, and execution of annual dashboard reporting
- Daily communication with the Central Office staff on current and on-going projects
- Other duties as assigned
Working Conditions: Ability to work at computer 8 hours per day at the TeamMates Central Office Omaha/La Vista location.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Aly Eveland at email@example.com.