Basic Function and Responsibility
This is an entry-level position that would provide Chapter/Program support, via phone and email, striving for high-level customer service, troubleshooting, and prioritizing work, to support administrative and technical work
Associate degree or equivalent experience in business, communication, public administration, or related field
· Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
· Superior communication skills (oral, written, and listening)
· Highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to handle conflict resolution
· Adaptability in a frequently changing environment
· Experience in transitioning problems into implementing policy and procedures
· Ability to organize multiple tasks efficiently while working under time constraints to meet deadlines
Duties and Responsibilities
· Work collaboratively with all TeamMates employees
· Process all volunteer applications
· Complete high-quality reference checks via e-mail and by telephone
· Process background checks
· Work collaboratively with TeamMates Chapter/programs to facilitate the renewal of background checks
· Provide technical support regarding database management and upkeep, ensuring the accuracy of data
· Work effectively with the team to provide efficient, effective work practices and processes for all programs
· Other administrative duties as assigned
· Occasional lifting up to ten lbs.
· Must be able to work in a climate-controlled, office environment.
· Vision must be good or corrected to normal to perform normal job duties.
· Hearing must be good to have the ability to understand information to perform job duties.
· Ability to read and write in English in order to process paperwork and follow up on any actions necessary.
· Sitting for extended periods of time.
· Manual dexterity needed for keyboarding and other repetitive tasks.
Reports to: Program Services Manager, TeamMates Mentoring Program
Location: TeamMates Central Office, La Vista, NE
Working Conditions: Ability to work at a computer 8 hours per day with occasional overtime