TeamMates+ matches meet once a month virtually or in person on campus to build a friendship and help the mentee with their transition into college and adulthood.
TeamMates+ Mentoring gives mentees the support and encouragement of a mentor while they complete college. TeamMates+ provides resources and encouragement through their post-secondary journey
TeamMates mentees have multiple scholarship opportunities through the TeamMates Central Office and its partners.
The TeamMates+ vision is to provide 100% of students who indicate they want a mentor with the support they need to achieve their post-secondary goals, growing the program to serve at least 400 post-secondary youth during the 2021-2022 school year.
What we do:
- Best practices for college transition and retention
- Creative learning strategies, study skills, and exam prep
- Career planning and readiness
- Consistent resources to assist with networking, soft skill development, adult interaction/engagement.
- Contact your mentee twice a month.
- Support and encourage your mentee with resources and personal experience as they explore their talents and career path.
- Become an advocate on their potential and have a genuine interest in how they are doing.
- Assist them in developing their career readiness skills.
- Be in contact with your mentor twice a month.
- Let your mentor know how they can help support you with school, relationships, time management, career planning, etc.
- Allow your mentor to advocate for your potential in and outside of school.
- Respond and be honest!