January 1st marks the start of National Mentoring Month! Please use this month as an opportunity to thank your mentors for their hard work and willingness to make a difference in the lives of our youth. This year we’re highlighting the “Be there.” movement in an effort to recruit more mentors while thanking mentors for being there for their mentors.
For information on the national campaign created by MENTOR, please click here.
We have a number of resources you can use to recognize your mentors and show your support for the TeamMates Mentoring Program. Our customizable toolkit is perfect for coordinators, board members, and passionate mentors! Download our National Mentoring Month Toolkit Instruction Guide.
Want to get social? Follow us on Facebook and Twitter! On January 4th, take a picture with the Be There Social Media Poster and write why you’re “being there” for someone else! Tag us on social media or use #BeThere.
Here’s what’s included in our National Mentoring Month toolkit:
- Social Media cover photo
- A customizable word document for “Be There.” stickers to hand out
- Two PSAs recorded by TeamMates Mentees
- An Image Release Form
- Our Media Guidelines
- Two NMM logos provided by MENTOR
- Images with mentoring facts provided by MENTOR
- Customizable “Be there.” poster
- Standard “Be there.” poster
- A customizable press release
- Standard customizable thank you note
- National Mentoring Month Toolkit Instruction Guide
- #BeThere social media image: take a photo of a mentor or mentee (get image release please) with the paper sharing why someone should “Be There” and send to Hannah!
For more information, please contact Hannah Miller