Hear from TeamMates’ Director of Engagement, Allyson Horne, on some examples of what a mentor is.
As a mentor, you are expected to:
- Meet with your mentee once a week at school (24 or more times per school year)
- Be there to show support for your mentee through thick and thin
- Focus on your mentee’s strengths to build their confidence
Don’t worry, we train you!
After we receive your application and process your background check, a local TeamMates representative will reach out to schedule your 2-3 hour new mentor training. In your training, you’ll learn:
- Expectations for the mentor and mentee
- Safety guidelines and procedures
- What to do during your match meetings
- How to be a strengths-based mentor
To learn more about what you can do with your mentee, check out